GUIDELINES FOR QM MEMBERS ORGANISING TRAINING AT QM
These guidelines are for when QM Members wish to bring their own coach to do onwater coaching. Please note any outside coach can only deliver coaching that is not currently offered by QM.
All correspondence to go through Vicki Thurston (email@example.com)
Please ensure details are checked with QM before making/taking any bookings, as per the order below….
1 – Provisionally check the date, anticipated no. of sailors, resources (PB, training rooms etc) with QM
2 – Organise coaches, sailors etc – SEE BELOW RESTRICTIONS
3 – Finalise and confirm the details with QM
- All sailors MUST be classified as QM Members for the days the training is taking place – either through taking up QM membership OR taking Temporary Day Membership (see costs below)
- All coaches should have and use their own insurance covering them for their coaching activity. If they do not, then liaise with QM prior to booking as this is not automatically offered by QM (please see below for more information on coach insurance)
- All coaches should have valid coaching credentials and for those teaching under 18s be DBS (formally CRB) checked (liaise with QM if unsure).
- All PB drivers MUST hold a minimum of RYA PBL2 & sign the appropriate powerboat form on the training day. Any variant on this MUST be communicated to QM prior to the training session (any driver who does not hold a QM recognised qualification will not be eligible to drive a PB at QM)
- All bookings & training costs to be made independently of QM (unless otherwise agreed)
- Any sailor wishing to use QM kit MUST communicate this to QM independent of booking the training (youth dinghies may not always be available)
- ALL U18 sailors MUST have either a guardian or someone acting in loco parentis remaining on site throughout the training sessions
Coaches falling outside of QM organised tuition are not automatically insured by the Club. Freelance coaches need to ensure they are covered by an appropriate insurance policy. Guidance from the RYA website states…
The two key elements of insurance cover for Coaches are likely to be:
- Personal public liability insurance, which covers their legal liability for personal injury and/or property damage caused to others by their negligence
- Personal professional indemnity insurance, which covers any claims made against them arising from a negligent error or mistake in the coaching advice they provide.
Without adequate insurance a coach is unable to operate at QM. In exceptional circumstances QM may be able to cover the Coach, but this MUST be discussed and agreed with Queen Mary a minimum of 7 days before the coaching is due to take place.
- Coaching fee - £20 per day per coach
- Powerboat hire full day (half day) – Jaffa 9.9 £45 (£30), Cap400 15hp/25hp £65 (£40), RIB 40hp/50hp £120 (£70) (QM member training get 20% discount)
- Any non-member of QM taking part in training must sign up for Temporary Day membership.