The 2017 London Youth Games for sailing is taking place at Queen Mary Sailing Club over the weekend of 24/25 June 2017.
This page is to provide information on the location, including boat hire, opening times etc. For the event details please visit the London Youth Games website.
Boat Drop Off & Pick Up
If you would like to hire a QM dinghy for the event, please see below for all information.
If you are bringing your own dinghy, access to the club is during opening hours only (see below for the specific opening hours around the event). Please call the office prior to arriving to get confirmation of where your kit can be left. There will be limited boat storage options on the upper level in the boat park, with most boats being stored on the lower level before and/or after the event.
Outside of club opening times, access is not available to the club and grounds secured.
Information for hiring a boat for the LYG at QMSC
Boats available for hire:
- 12 x Pico Cost: £20 per boat per day
- 6 x Topper
- 6 x Feva
- Booking via QM website
- ‘Training’ Tab
- ‘LYG’ Tab
- Boat insurance is provided by QM (damage waiver up to £400 for damage sustained through negligence)
- The Terms & Conditions for LYG boat hire are available below
- The Hire Agreement Form will be emailed out at time of booking so can be downloaded and completed prior to arriving on the day
Any enquiries regarding the hiring of boats for this event please contact Vicki Thurston – email@example.com / 01784 248881
Boat hire is per day. If you require the use of a boat for the full weekend you must book it out for each day. Unfortunately payment is needed at time of booking and we are unable to invoice for boat hire.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR LYG BOAT HIRE
- Hirers are responsible for communicating to Queen Mary Sailing Club their ability relative to the weather conditions and choice of craft. The Duty Officer on the day will decide on eligibility for hire in the conditions.
- Minimum ability levels (further restrictions may be imposed in stronger wind conditions and busier racing environments):
Dinghy sailing: Adults: RYA Level 2 Juniors: RYA Stage 3
- MASTHEAD FLOATS MUST BE USED ON ALL DOUBLEHANDED DINGHIES and are provided
- Hirers must keep within the designated sailing areas and must not sail within the exclusion zones around dredgers, as indicated by the surrounding buoys.
- Directions of the Duty Officer and Safety Boat Drivers must be followed at all times
- All equipment hire includes use of wetsuits. Wetsuits or drysuits must be worn from November 1 to March 31 by all water users.
- All equipment hire includes buoyancy aids which should be correctly worn at all times whilst on the water, pontoon or banks
- Hire rate is as agreed by QM
- Should damage be sustained to the dinghy or a claim be made against the hirer, the damage waiver is a maximum of £400
- Credit/debit card details will be kept securely by the QM office should a successful claim be brought against the hirer post event. QM will make every effort to contact via the details above before a charge is made, however should no communication be possible, QM reserve the right to charge a fair price to the card details provided
- All equipment damage must be reported at reception as soon as practicable and must be paid for unless the damage is deemed to be due to reasonable wear and tear.
- A responsible adult must remain on site to supervise under-18’s hiring
- Queen Mary Sailing Club reserve the right to refuse or curtail hire at any time for reasons of safety or if the weather conditions become unsuitable or for any other reason