Join our excellent team here at QM!
We are always looking for dynamic new instructor for our team at QM to provide dinghy, windsurf and powerboat tuition to both the public and sailing club members. If you'd like to be part of our team of instructors at Queen Mary please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiting Instructors June 2017: Dinghy, Windsurfing (Part Time)
We are actively seeking experienced and qualified Dinghy and Windsurfing Instructors to come work at QM. Help us to deliver courses at weekends, mid-week and through the summer holidays.
As a member of our team you’ll teach a full range of child and adult sailing courses. We offer group sessions, schools and corporate sessions, and private one-to-one tuition. Ensuring a safe and fun experience whilst sailing under your instruction.
We’ve a strong management team that provides on-going support and training. If you'd like to join the team please send a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
Purpose of Role
To organise and manage the deliver Sailing and/or Windsurfing lessons and all activities as qualified at Queen Mary Sailing Club. To help open up and close down the days activities.
This position reports to the Assistant Manager Sailing
- To organise and manage the safe delivery of the Queen Mary Courses and RYA Sailing Courses
- To organise and control group sailing tuition of all ages and abilities
- Supervising, directing and assisting assistant instructors
- To deliver education in a safe teaching environment
- To deal with and report accidents, incidents, maintenance issues and potential health hazards
- To follow 'Black Book' and 'SOP' training as prescribed by the assistant sailing manager
- Support the Race Management team, in particular, Committee boats, Course setting and laying, marks, consult the Race Officer of the Day with regards to courses and conditions
- Ensure appropriate safety is delivered in accordance with the Club Safety Policy at all times that the water is open
- Set a high standard of customer service and monitor formally and informally
Instructor / Senior Instructor: RYA Sailing / Windsurfing / Powerboat / SUP / Keelboat
Powerboat Level 2
RYA First Aid
To carry out any reasonable request made by line manager or the IC (person incharge)