We are sad to announce that Julie Harrison, our Sailing Secretary, will be moving on to pastures new. Julie has been a fantastic Sailing Secretary, looking after training, events, club racing and keeping control of the boat park and so much more, with her passion for RS200 sailing.
We wish her all the best and are sure that you will see her racing at the Club in the future.
Julie's last day in the office is Wednesday 5th April, which sees the start of the Wednesday evening race series, so we hope you will be able to join us at the Club that evening to wish her well.
Vacancy: SAILING SECRETARY
Salary £20,000 - £22,000
Location: Queen Mary Sailing Club, Ashford, Middlesex
Contact: e-mail cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Working: 37.5hrs, with essential duties on Sunday and Wednesday
Closing date Friday 24th March, 2017 23:59
An exciting opportunity to manage the racing activities at Queen Mary Sailing Club including Open Meetings, Championship Events and The Bloody Mary.
This person must have a passion for customer service and an interest in sailing ideally racing. Good administration, communication and IT skills are essential.
They will join the club’s office team dealing with club membership and bookings for the Sailing School. This is a busy office managing the club’s reception for all visitors.
Reporting directly to the Club Secretary with indirect report to the Chairman of the Sailing Committee this is a great step into leisure management at one of the leading Sailing Clubs in the UK.
Reporting directly to the Club Secretary with indirect reporting to the Chair of the Sailing Committee.
- Manage the Racing Calendar of the Club
- Work with the Assistant Manager (Sailing) to manage the operation of Club Racing and Open Meetings.
- Production of racing results for Club Racing, Open Meetings and Championship Events. Publishing results on website via ‘Sailwave’.
- Manage the client relationship with external organisations to book events and training. Management of the charges and invoicing for events and training working with the Club’s book keeper.
- Managing the Club Race Officers' roster. Advise the Chair of the Sailing Committee of any issues relating to shortages of Race Officers or quality of race recording.
- Implementing and managing Race Officer risk assessments.
- Ensure the Race Officer resources and equipment are always available
- Maintain master templates for Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions and prepare draft Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions for each sailing event or series to be agreed with the Principal Race Officer and event Race Officer. Ensure that the Notices of Race and Sailing Instructions are published on time and that copies are available to competitors.
- Manage the calendar of sailing events at the Club and keep internal and external calendars up to date. Marketing and promotion of events. Communication of events and Club activities by email Mailchimp and website Google Calendar.
- Ensure that external websites are updated with results and event reports
- Ensure prizes are available and any perpetual trophies are returned on time
- Coordinate protests and arbitrations.
- Lead the promotion of Youth Sailing: Activities including Youth Training, Youth Racing events and Youth Group.
- Implementation and support of sailing class handicap reviews twice yearly.
- To manage the boat park allocation of spaces for members.
- Attend Sailing committee meetings and produce meeting records.
- General Club Administration - Take bookings for courses. Handle front desk enquiries. Respond to club email inbox.
- To act as the office lead person in emergency situations and as a First aider as required.
- Set a high standard of customer service and monitor formally and informally
To carry out any reasonable request made by Line Manager or Duty Manager
Supporting IT Software (competencies)
- Microsoft Office – Excel, Word
Essential (training offered where necessary):
- DutyMan - management of race officers
- Sailwave - management of the race results
- Member Ties - management of membership and boat park
- BookingLive – course booking system
- Management of website
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent administration, written and oral communication
- Strong influencing skills
- Good IT skills
- Sailing race experience (desirable)
- RYA First Aid (training available)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 (training available)