So how can I SUP at Queen Mary?
With the right conditions there are three ways to SUP
- You can rock up with your board, pay for a day SUP and go SUPing
- You can Hire kit from us
- You can become a member and go supping anytime (please call for details)
How much is a Days SUPing?
- Week-day £12
- Weekends £16
How much is it to hire?
Anyone may hire our SUP equipment as long as they have some experience. If they have none then we have try SUP days available. If we have a spare SUP instructor available for 20mins then they can be used to give a quick taster to get on the water there and then. This can be done for £10
- Weekdays £15 per hour
- Weekends £20 per hour
When can I go SUPing?
- Basically the wind conditions for SUPing have to be right, if it is too windy then is is very difficult and can become dangerous.
- If the green flag is up then you can SUP
Where can I SUP
This will be displayed on the ‘Daily Information Board’ by the duty officer to show the area for SUP’s to operate depending on all the conditions
- There are 3 large white bouys to mark a controlled area
- To stay within 20 meters of the bank
- To show If SUP’ing on the East side
- To open the whole of either side of the reservoir on a completely flat day with no forecasted wind
When are the taster sessions?
- A taster session is £20 for two hours, they are run thoughout the year, please call us for dates and details
What kit does QM have?
- A mixture of Starboard Atlas 12' and Whopper 10' which are a solid construction
- Along side a mixture of Red Paddle co. Ride 10'6" and Mega 10'8" which are inflatable
Can I buy a SUP at Queen Mary?
We are very excitied about SUP 2014, give us a call to find out more!