Welcome to Autumn 2020
In line with Government announcements, we opened the Sailing Club at the end of May, started 1:1 tuition in June and have successful run Summer courses in July and August. There is a real buzz about the place and it has been brilliant to see so many happy faces on the water.
This has been a challenging time as you can appreciate a lot of work has gone in to making the club safe to re-open for visitors and staff; we are in a good position to offer courses this Autumn. Booking at the bottom of this page
HALF TERM COURSES
5-Day, half-day, courses 19th to 23rd and 26th to 30th October - Will go ahead - but with social distance restrictions and we will not be able to operate at the levels we were before, as a result will not be offering the full range of courses that you have come to know and love and the number are limited.
Our challenge is that we are not allowed indoors to do training, to using the changing rooms or for shelter if the conditions are bad.
WHATS DIFFERENT IN 2020
- We are not allowed mass gathering so there will be no mass parent briefing, parents and carers this is your briefing.
- On site we have a number of outdoor, open sided shelters set up as 'hubs' for the half day courses. Students to be dropped off and picked up at their hubs.
- On a daily basis at no time will the collective of all students on site gather outside of their group of six.
- Each group consists of a maximum of five students and 1 instructor. Please note the instructor may change day to day for the delivery of the activity, particularly for multiple activity Water Fun courses.
- On the first day you will be guided to your hub. You will then drop off and pickup from the hub.
- The Club house, changing and catering facilities are closed, we do have access for toilets only.
- Students are not required to wear face coverings.
- Students who do not take the restrictions seriously and do not follow our Covid-19 guidelines will be removed from the courses, for everyone's safety.
- Parents are allowed to stay on site, maintaining social distancing but please note the club house is closed.
- All must leave site as soon as their session has finished and have been signed out.
GENERAL GUIDELINES FOR COVID-19
Please read these guidelines carefully before you book or set off to visit QMSC and please keep checking them before making future visits, since they will be periodically updated with the latest information.
Social distancing must be maintained by everyone on site at all times.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the frontline services. We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
Check our website for the latest information
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend QMSC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Book your visit: Please book your sailing visit on the club website, completing one form for each visit you intend to make. The time you book is your time to go out on the water, so please arrive up to 30 minutes before the start of your time slot to allow for rigging/launching. Those intending to come to QMSC, but not sail, contact the office via the sailondon email so we can let you know when it is possible to come up. This this has to be done in advance.
- Before traveling: Please check the club website for the latest information; if changes in Government guidelines require the Club to be closed again, this will be communicated first at www.queenmary.org.uk
- Please bring a Water Confidence & Health Declaration Form before visiting if possible https://www.queenmary.org.uk/assets/QM-Documents/QM-Health-and-Water-confidence-Declaration-2018-v2.pdf
WHAT TO BRING
What to bring on the Day:
- Swimwear, suitable footwear, shorts (to go over wetsuit) & Towel
- Basic wind/waterproof jacket
- Water Bottle
- Health & Water-confidence & Health Declaration Form
- Logbook (if you have one)
What NOT to bring:
- Mobile phones, tablets
- Dogs onto the site
- Buoyancy aids
- Weather - too much or too little wind is never an issue, nor reason to cancel. There is always theory to cover and alternative activities to focus on. In the unlikely event of extreme weather we will make a call in this particular situation.
- All children MUST be signed in and out by an adult daily (unless we have written authorisation in advance).
- No child may leave site without a parent/guardian or permission slip. You can email this to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Buzz in at front gates. We will then tell you where to park (lower car park to the right) then up stairs to clubhouse. You will also be told where your meeting point is for the week. A, B, C, D, or E.
- Meet at meeting points. Please stay 2m apart or 1m+ where not possible to do so at all times and on markers.
- Instructor will meet you and give you a Medical form to fill in if not completed.
- Next, the instructor will issue wetsuits for the week. You must then stay with your child until they are changed.
- Sign in your child once changed with the instructor.
- Free to leave or stay on site. Please note you cannot stay onsite outside of the tuition time.
- To exit you need to buzz at exit gate
Thank you for reading, we look forward to seeing you soon!