GROUP TUITION - 5:1 TRAINING
We are delighted to offer group tuition as an activity allowed under the current Government guidelines, in an ease of restrictions in response to the Corona Virus pandemic. The maximum size of a gathering in the UK currently being six people these session with be one instructor to five students.
Our first sessions for Sailing and Windsurfing group tuition will be on Saturday 20th June, more dates to follow.
We feel we can confidently offer this tuition while staying socially distanced at all times. We have put measures in place around the club and successfully completed our re-opening and are ready for the next steps.
Sailing and Windsurfing Group tuition
It's a great way to learn! Tell the instructor what you would like to focus on - this session is ideal if you want to brush off the cobwebs, try a new dinghy under supervision, get into a doubleheader for the first time, or work on a skill or manoeuvre that you've been struggling to grasp. Suitable for those who have just passed Level 2 and would like some assistance before going afloat alone for the first time.
- Single Handed Sailing and Windsurfing - open to everyone.
- Double Handed Sailing - Open to those living at the same house hold, and those within with in the Support Bubble
All will be subject to conditions. RYA guidance is to be conservative. So even more than usual we will be conscious of conditions and capabilities.
Please read our guidelines carefully before you book or set off to visit QMSC and please keep checking them before making future visits, since they will be periodically updated with the latest information.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the frontline services. We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
Booking links below, please call the office for more information 01784 248881
THINGS TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- No showers or changing facilities are available at QM at the moment, due to Government restrictions. So we suggest to bring a towel or a personal favourite a dry robe. Like a dressing gown made of towel material to wear while getting dressed.
- You will need to buzz at the gate to gain access. Park at the lower car park and follow signage on site.
- The meeting point will be at the front waterside by the stairs up to the clubhouse. Your instructor will meet you here.
- We have made a temporary outdoor shelter, in-case of bad weather.
PLEASE WATCH THE SAFETY BRIEFING VIDEO
Check our website for the latest information
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend QMSC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Book your visit: Please book your session on the club website, completing one form for each visit you intend to make. The time you book is your time to go out on the water, so please arrive up to 30 minutes before the start of your time slot to allow for rigging/launching.
- Before traveling: Please check the club website for the latest information; if changes in Government guidelines require the Club to be closed again, this will be communicated first at www.queenmary.org.uk
Group Sail Coaching
If your looking for instructor support to take your Level 2 skills up a notch or brush off the cobwebs, then this is for you. Expect a mix of abilities and focuses during the session. This booking does include the hire of club boats.
Group Windsurf Coaching
For those with level 2 looking to take their Start Windsurfing Skills up a notch
Try a new board or brush off the cobwebs
This is not a session designed for advanced windsurfers