Welcome to youth race training at Queen Mary
Topper and RS Tera Race Training Week Summer 2019
What is it?
This year we are offering a new training week aimed at experienced sailors aged between 11 and 18. This is for Topper and RS Tera sailors who are already involved in a race circuit. Those who want to fine-tune their racing level and looking to regional and national sailing squads. The week is coached by Ben Kimbell.
This is a race week predominantly aimed at those with access to their own boat looking at race tactics covering: boat tuning, starts, upwind tactics, mark rounding, downwind tactics, boat handling, personal preparation and fitness, and improved wind awareness.
Who is Ben Kimbell?
Ben Kimbell is a past Queen Mary staff member who joined the RYA as a Sailing Development Officer for London and the South East.
Ideally all participants need to be:
- Involved in a form of race series, like club racing or youth series
- Have access to their own boat
- 19th to 23rd August - Topper and RS Tera
Timings & what to expect
- The training weeks will run Monday-Friday 0930-1630 on the dates listed above.
- Boats need to be partially rigged ready for the day's briefing which begins promptly at 0930
- A mixture of land-based theory/drills and on-water practical sessions
- Note - non members can store their boat at QM during July and August.
The 5 day training is £195 for non-members, a 20% discount for members.
Talk to our team >> Call the club on 01784 248881 | email@example.com