SENIOR INSTRUCTOR (full time seasonal till Nov 2021) with Queen Mary Sailing Club *possibility to extend to permanent
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate individual with a real drive for staff mentoring and leadership.
QMSC is a large, active RYA Affiliated Sailing Club and RYA Recognised Training School offering club racing, open events, club activities and RYA tuition in sailing, windsurfing and powerboating throughout the year.
We are looking for a RYA Senior Instructor to take a Senior Instructor role on a full time basis. The role requires a flexible approach with the successful candidate working a minimum of 35hr contract over weekends, evenings and bank holidays as required. Typical working week Wednesday – Sunday.
Experience and Qualifications
- RYA Senior Instructor with valid FA certificate
- Minimum of 1 years experience working in a RTC as an active SI
- Windsurf/Dinghy Instructor (opposite to SI qualification
- Multihull/Racing/Advanced/Keelboat Instructor endorsements
- Start/Intermediate/Advanced Windsurf Instructor
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- Good racing knowledge
- Experience in providing safety cover for racing events
- Gel coat/Fibre glass repair
- Please note the contract of employment is subject to passing an Enhanced DBS child workforce check.
- Working as part of a team to provide an enjoyable and safe environment for students and members of all ages and abilities
- Delivery of RYA courses within the National & Youth Schemes
- Assisting in ensuring all teaching complies with the RYA curriculum through session evaluations and ongoing observations
- Assisting in maintaining the training fleet
- Assisting in staff development in a mentoring and lead role
- Training volunteers
- Providing on water safety for recreational & racing activities
- Maintenance of kit & grounds
Depending on previous experience and/or qualifications held, there is the potential to take a more prominent lead in various aspects of the centre:
- Youth development
- Powerboat training – staff and volunteer skill development
- Advanced coaching
- Keelboat training
Please send a relevant CV and covering letter to Paul Adams:firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Dinghy, Windsurf, Powerboat (Part Time)
We are continually seeking qualified RYA Instructors to come work at QM on zero-hour contracted or a freelance basis, helping us to deliver courses & tuition at weekends, mid-week and through the summer holidays.
As a member of our team you can teach a full range of youth and adult courses. We offer sessions to groups, schools, corporate bodies, and private one-to-one tuition.
Purpose of Role
To organise and manage the delivery of Sailing/Windsurfing/Powerboating tuition and all activities as qualified at Queen Mary Sailing Club.
- To provide tuition inline with NGB & centre guidelines
- To ensure students are learning in a fun and safe environment
- To deal with and report accidents, incidents, maintenance issues and potential health hazards
- Provide ongoing maintenance to the Training School kit
- Ensure appropriate safety is delivered in accordance with the Club Safety Policy at all times that the water is open
- Set a high standard of customer service and monitor formally and informally
- To carry out any reasonable request made by line manager or the IC (person incharge)
- Instructor / Senior Instructor: RYA Sailing / Windsurfing / Powerboat
- Powerboat Level 2
- RYA First Aid
- Adhoc work in the main is available at weekends from March through to November, midweek through the holiday period. However we do have the need for Instructors all year round both midweek & weekends!
- Competitive rate of pay
- Annual holiday entitlement (pro-rata & paid every 6 months according to hours worked)
- Comprehensive training & induction programme including opportunities to up-skill with professional qualifications
- Access to our full range of kit (over 60 boats and 50 windsurf boards) in personal time
- Full & varied role!
How to apply
Please send a relevant CV and brief covering letter outlining your availability to Paul Adams:email@example.com
Please note all positions are subject to satisfactory reference & DBS checks.