- Sailing Secretary (Events Manager)
- Seasonal Instructor (March 2022 - November 2022)
- Sailing and/or Windsurf Instructor (casual work/freelance, March-November 2022)
Please email Ross at email@example.com for more details.
Sailing Secretary (Events Manager)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to manage the racing activities at Queen Mary Sailing Club. This includes club racing, open meetings, championship events, keelboat events and the Bloody Mary winter pursuit race. This role also involves working with organisations visiting the Club for class training and events including Royal Thames Yacht Club, the British Keelboat Association, the London Youth Games and RYA Junior Championships.
You must have a passion for customer service and ideally an interest in sailing. Good administration, communication and IT skills are essential. You will also need leadership skills to organise event volunteers and the Race Officer team in a friendly and encouraging manner.
You will join the club’s office team responsible for managing the boat park, dealing with membership enquiries, handling course bookings for the Sailing School and other enquiries. You need to enjoy working in a busy office environment covering reception and phones with other team members.
With Club racing taking place each Sunday morning and Wednesday evening, you need to be available at the Club as part of a rota to support this. In return, Friday and Saturdays are not usually worked.
Reporting directly to the Club Secretary with indirect reporting to the Chair of the Sailing Committee, this role is a great step into leisure management at one of the leading Sailing Clubs in the UK.
- Salary £23,000 - £25,000
- Type Permanent
- Contact e-mail cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working 37.5hrs, with essential duties on Sunday and Wednesday
- Closing Wednesday 18th May 2022, 23:59
Instructor: Dinghy, Windsurf, Powerboat (Seasonal 2022 / Part Time)
Recruiting for the 2022 season and beyond... We are continually seeking qualified RYA Instructors to come work at QM on casual working contract or a freelance basis, helping us to deliver courses & tuition at weekends, mid-week and through the summer holidays.
Now recruiting seasonal team for 2022 - We are looking for instructors with availability at any point between March and November 2022.
As a member of our team you can teach a full range of youth and adult courses. We offer sessions to groups, schools, corporate bodies, and private one-to-one tuition.
Purpose of Role
To organise and manage the delivery of Sailing/Windsurfing/Powerboating tuition and all activities as qualified at Queen Mary Sailing Club.
- To provide tuition inline with NGB & centre guidelines
- To ensure students are learning in a fun and safe environment
- To deal with and report accidents, incidents, maintenance issues and potential health hazards
- Provide ongoing maintenance to the Training School kit
- Ensure appropriate safety is delivered in accordance with the Club Safety Policy at all times that the water is open
- Set a high standard of customer service and monitor formally and informally
- To carry out any reasonable request made by line manager or the IC (person incharge)
- Instructor / Senior Instructor: RYA Sailing / Windsurfing / Powerboat
- Powerboat Level 2
- RYA First Aid
- Adhoc work in the main is available at weekends from March through to November, midweek through the holiday period. However we do have the need for Instructors all year round both midweek & weekends!
- Competitive rate of pay
- Annual holiday entitlement (pro-rata & paid every 6 months according to hours worked)
- Comprehensive training & induction programme including opportunities to up-skill with professional qualifications
- Access to our full range of kit (over 60 boats and 50 windsurf boards) in personal time
- Full & varied role!
How to apply
Please send a relevant CV and brief covering letter outlining your availability to Ross Malloy:email@example.com
Please note all positions are subject to satisfactory reference & DBS checks.