Queen Mary Sailing Club
If you’re looking for a friendly club with great racing, great social sailing and a wide range of facilities, you’ve found it!
For over 40 years Queen Mary has been London’s special patch of water for sailing and windsurfing. Membership at Queen Mary is ideal for racing or just having fun. Our RYA Sailing School is here to help you start sailing or develop your skills and enjoy regular sailing all year round.
QMSC is the largest reservoir in the South East, near London, with the surface 45ft above the surrounding countryside giving good unobstructed wind over the 700 acres.
Situated just to the west of London on the Surrey Middlesex border the club is ideally located for anyone within the Home Counties looking for somewhere to sail or windsurf.
The club is professionally staffed with safety cover at all times when the water is open, and our staff will be delighted to show you around the club and explain membership or sailing course options to you and how to get involved in club life.
As a member you can sail whenever the club is open, store your boat or board in the boat park, use the club house facilities at any time, and attend club social events.
HOW TO JOIN QUEEN MARY
Membership of the Club is open to all and members are not required to do any duties as the Club is run by professional staff... sounds good to me!
There are plenty of opportunities to help with the running of the Club through volunteering to help on a regular basis with Race Management, Youth Group, Sailability and the Club's Council. There are also one-off opportunities to help with big events such as the Bloody Mary which takes place at the beginning of January each year.
FIVE WAYS TO GET AFLOAT...
- Standard Membership - The traditional boat or windsurf owner membership. Covers the use of all shore and water facilities by a family or an individual. The membership year starts 1st April, with a reduction from 1st July and Winter memberships from October 1st. All with No Joining Fee and No Club Duties required.
- QM Select - Our Gym style monthly membership starting at £59 per month for hire only. A fantastic package for adults enabling you to sail dinghies and/or use our windsurf kit whenever the club is open. For those new to sailing there is a package to include tuition, our hire only option is for those with Level 2 or equivalent experience, hassle free sailing is the life!
- Youth Select - Making youth sailing affordable at just £25 per month, without the need to buy a boat. Youth Select gives to access to sailing over fifty boats across seven different classes! Open for those with RYA stage 3, age 8 to 15 years.
- Day Membership - Suits those who have their own kit which they may store at home but want the flexibility of being able to come up to the Club and use the facilities on an occasional basis
- Boat and Board Hire - Experienced sailors are invited to turn up and can hire our kit. So you could be Sailing or Windurfing or SUPing at Queen Mary sooner than you expected! Terms and conditions apply and sailing is at the discretion of the safety team.
SAILING AND RACING
Inspiring sailing every day - The water is open 7 days a week in the summer and five days a week in the winter and there is always professional safety cover provided when the water is open.
The Club offers the highest standard of competitive dinghy racing with fleet racing and handicap racing every Sunday morning, and handicap racing every Wednesday evening from April to September.
Alternatively our Saturday Club provides members with an alternative approach to getting on the water with a like minded group of Club members on hand to give advice, share experiences and build confidence
All levels of racer are welcome to join us and race at the Club.
Experienced sailors are invited to turn up and can hire our boats and boards. So you could be Sailing or Windurfing or SUPing at Queen Mary sooner than you expected! Terms and conditions apply and sailing is at the discretion of the safety team.
SAILING DINGHIES - Sailors must be at the RYA 'Stage 3' for juniors and 'Level 2' for adults or have good experience to be allowed to hire equipment. The sailing manager on duty has responsibility for safety and may refuse hire on the day.
WINDSURFING - Windsurfers must be at the RYA 'Stage 2' for youths and 'Start Windsurfing' level for adults or have good experience to be allowed to hire equipment. The sailing manager on duty has responsibility for safety and may refuse hire on the day.
STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING - Although we require minimal ability to hire SUP boards, SUPing itself is restricted to light wind conditions. Please call the club (01784 248881) to ensure we are permitting SUPing before coming down.
If you are a competent sailor it's a great way to see the club and get a taste of what membership would be like.
RYA SAILING SCHOOL
Queen Mary Sailing Club is a Royal Yachting Association (RYA) Training Centre. A sailing, windsurfing and powerboat school situated in the west of London on the Surrey Middlesex border.
We offer a wide range of courses and tuition in dinghy sailing, windsurfing and powerboating for all ages from 7 upwards. We also arrange tailor-made group and activities as well as team building events and Birthday Parties, which can include J80 keelboat sailing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding (SUPing), raft-building, dinghy sailing and windsurfing.
We can arrange personal 1:1 tuition at any time we are open and have a great multi-activity programme for the school holidays.
To book simply browse the 'Courses' area, add items to your basket and then follow the step by step instructions.
Thank you for reading this very long page!!
We hope you found what you were looking for at Queen Mary Sailing Club. Please don't hesitate to call us on 01784 248881, or make contact via email on email@example.com or simply drop in next time you’re passing
The QM Team
Lets go sailing!
What would you like to do?