This page is a resource centre for the Race Teams at QMSC. All are welcome to browse through the content here.
Race Team Benefits
It is currently Club policy that there should be no compulsory duties placed on members. However, in recognition of the cost savings achieved through members volunteering to assist with racing, the Club offers significant discounts off membership subscriptions to those members helping on the committee boat.
Race Officer duties as designated by DutyMan, are allocated OOD points to the average of the sum of points for Non-DNC races. There is a limit of 2 Sunday duties in the same series; and for Wednesday evening series 2 duties to count; any additional duties during that series to count for RO credits, but not OOD points.
Completion of 4 duties as Race Officer, assistant or helper in a calendar year results in £100 off membership or berthing fees for the subsequent membership year. More than 4 duties results in an additional £25 per duty saving. Completion of ten or more duties over any number of membership years results in the award of a QM Race Team Jacket.
If you would be interested in learning to be a Race Officer, please contact Janet Hawkins, Sailing Secretary in the office or on 01784 248 881.
Race Officer Training
The next Race Officer Training Course is planned for Saturday 6th April 2019; the session typically takes place from 9.30 - 2.00 pm. This will be classroom based for the morning, with the afternoon session on the water. For more details, please call Janet on the above number or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to book a place on this free course.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding Race Management at our club, please talk to Andrew Craig, Bob Joce or Janet.
Useful Information for Race Officers
Click here for the latest Race Officer Update
- Club Racing Risk Assessment
- Open Racing Risk Assessment
- Club Race Training Course Slides (PDF)
- Race Team Checklist * updated January 2019
- Club Race Flag Box
- Start Timings for 3-2-1-0 minute sequence, with flags *updated January 2019
- Start Timings for 5-4-1-0 minute sequence, with flags * updated January 2019
- Club Sunday Series Race Courses
- Club Wednesday Evening Series Race Courses
- Link to RYA Website for latest version of RYA Racing Rules Guidance Book (2017-2020) (and other resources for rules)
- Open Event Race Officer Review and Feedback form - a word copy of this will be given to RO for each event
Race Officer Duties
QMSC Dutyman Site - QMSC Uses Dutyman to organise the Race and Rules Advisor teams. The rota is shown below.
Click here to go onto the Dutyman site.
If the page has timed out, just click the link in the middle to refresh the page.