RYA Racing Instructor Endorsement
The Racing Instructor endorsement enables experienced RYA Dinghy Instructors, with a passion for racing, to develop skills and techniques required to teach the RYA Start Racing module. The course will involve the coaching of racing skills through the running of sessions ashore and afloat. Coaching afloat will concentrate on a good briefing, the running of sessions to improve student performance and a quality group debrief. In order to run such sessions successfully a good general knowledge of Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) is expected (up to rule 47).
Prior to attending this course candidates must:
- RYA Dinghy Instructor certificate.
- Have club racing experience to a minimum of 9 completed races, and have assisted a Race Officer.
- You will also be required to produce a RYA approved valid First Aid certificate
- Be a current member of the RYA.
- Completed the RYA Safe & Fun Safeguarding course. Please visit the RYA website for more details.
This course runs from 09:30 until 17:30.
The course includes the organisation of club racing, preparation and management of the Start Racing course and instructional techniques afloat, including the use of race training exercises.On successful completion through continuous assessment, your Instructor award will be endorsed by the RYA.
What to bring
- We provide wetsuits and buoyancy aids although if you have your own you are welcome to use them.
- You should bring: swimwear (to wear under wetsuit), shoes you are happy to get wet, a towel, a change of clothes, suntan cream, a hat, and a water bottle