Personal Tuition 1:1 training
We are delighted to offer personal tuition as an activity allowed under the current Government guidelines, in an ease of restrictions in response to the Corona Virus pandemic.
We feel we can confidently offer this tuition while staying socially distanced at all times. We have put measures in place around the club and successfully completed our opening phase 1 and are ready and excited for the next phase.
One to One is a great way to learn, refresh and develop your skills in windsurfing and sailing. Its just you and the instructor working together on the water to achieve your goals, here are a few:
- You want to Start Sailing or Windsurfing.
- You've been off the water for a number of years and want to refresh your skills.
- Your a sailor or windsurfer who wants to Start Foiling.
All will be subject to conditions. RYA guidance is to be conservative. So even more than usual we will be conscious of conditions and capabilities.
What we can't do at the moment;
- Double-hander tuition.
- Powerboat tuition.
Please read our guidelines carefully before you book or set off to visit QMSC and please keep checking them before making future visits, since they will be periodically updated with the latest information.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the frontline services. We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
Booking links below, please call the office for more information 01784 248881
THINGS TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- No showers or changing facilities are available at QM at the moment, due to Government restrictions. So we suggest to bring a towel or a personal favourite a dry robe. Like a dressing gown made of towel material to wear while getting dressed.
- You will need to buzz at the gate to gain access. Park at the lower car park and follow signage on site.
- The meeting point will be at the front waterside by the stairs up to the clubhouse. Your instructor will meet you here.
- We have made a temporary outdoor shelter, in-case of bad weather.
PLEASE WATCH THE SAFETY BRIEFING VIDEO
Check our website for the latest information
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend QMSC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Book your visit: Please book your session on the club website, completing one form for each visit you intend to make. The time you book is your time to go out on the water, so please arrive up to 30 minutes before the start of your time slot to allow for rigging/launching.
- Before traveling: Please check the club website for the latest information; if changes in Government guidelines require the Club to be closed again, this will be communicated first at www.queenmary.org.uk
Personal Tuition - 2hrs