DAY WINDSURFING AND SAILING - USING YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT
Welcome to Queen Mary, recreational windsurfing and sailing for non-members, bringing your own kit up to sail or windsurf at QMSC. Please note this does not include club racing, but please talk to us if you would like to get on the start line.
Participants must follow the Club's Bye Laws whilst visiting Queen Mary, follow link for all club documents
General Guidelines for Observing COVID-19 Restrictions when visiting - Please read these guidelines carefully before you book or set off to visit QMSC and please keep checking them before making future visits, since they will be periodically updated with the latest information.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the frontline services. We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
Booking at the bottom of this page - Please be aware that these slots are non-refundable.
We are open for:
- Stand-up-paddleboarding (do please call us on 01784 248881 if not sure about wind conditions - this is a light-wind only activity)
- Wingfoiling (New for 2021!)
Activities not currently permitted:
- Kayaking/canoeing or rowing
- Open Water Swimming
- Any powered craft
Things to expect when you arrive
- Changing facilities are available at QM for essential use. We still suggest you bring a towel or a personal favourite, a dry robe. Like a dressing gown made of towel material to wear while getting dressed.
- You will need to buzz at the gate to gain access. Park at the lower car park and follow signage on site.
Please watch the Safety Briefing video
Check our website for the latest information
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend QMSC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Book your visit: Please book your sailing visit on the club website, completing one form for each visit you intend to make. The time you book is your time to go out on the water, so please arrive up to 30 minutes before the start of your time slot to allow for rigging/launching.
- Before traveling: Please check the club website for the latest information; if changes in Government guidelines require the Club to be closed again, this will be communicated first at www.queenmary.org.uk
Fancy joining us permanently (take part in club racing)?
Become a full member and get the full benefits of Queen Mary, choose between our two membership options:
Day Sail - Sailing (Own Boat)
Day Sail permitted activities: Sailing (dinghies), stand-up-paddleboards in light winds. Please indicate on booking form the dinghy you will be bringing with you to sail at QM. Please note, day sailing does not entitle participation in Club Racing.
Day Sail - Windsurfing (Own Kit)
Windsurfing Day Sail permitted activities: Windsurfing, Windfoiling, Wing-foiling, stand-up-paddleboards in light winds. Please indicate on the booking form the kit you will be bringing with you.