DAY WINDSURFING AND SAILING
Welcome back to Queen Mary, we've restarted windsurfing and sailing for non-members.
General Guidelines for Observing COVID-19 Restrictions when visiting
Booking at the bottom of this page
Please read these guidelines carefully before you book or set off to visit QMSC and please keep checking them before making future visits, since they will be periodically updated with the latest information.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the frontline services. We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
Booking links below, please be aware that these slots are non-refundable.
We are open for:
- Stand-up-paddleboarding (do please call us on 01784 248881 if not sure about wind conditions - this is a light-wind only activity)
- Wingfoiling (New for 2021!)
Activities not currently permitted:
- Kayaking/canoeing or rowing
- Open Water Swimming
- Any powered craft
Things to expect when you arrive
- No showers or changing facilities are available at QM at the moment, due to Government restrictions. So we suggest to bring a towel or a personal favourite a dry robe. Like a dressing gown made of towel material to wear while getting dressed.
- You will need to buzz at the gate to gain access. Park at the lower car park and follow signage on site.
- The meeting point will be at the front waterside by the stairs up to the clubhouse
- We have made a temporary outdoor shelter, in-case of bad weather
Please watch the Safety Briefing video
Check our website for the latest information
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend QMSC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Book your visit: Please book your sailing visit on the club website, completing one form for each visit you intend to make. The time you book is your time to go out on the water, so please arrive up to 30 minutes before the start of your time slot to allow for rigging/launching.
- Before traveling: Please check the club website for the latest information; if changes in Government guidelines require the Club to be closed again, this will be communicated first at www.queenmary.org.uk
Fancy joining us permanently?
Choose between our two membership options:
Day Sail - Sailing
Day Sail permitted activities: Sailing (dinghies), stand-up-paddleboards in light winds.
Day Sail - Windsurfing
Windsurfing Day Sail permitted activities: Windsurfing, Windfoiling, Wing-foiling (new from December 2020!) stand-up-paddleboards in light winds.