RS21 Keelboat Sailing - Inside the M25!
We are excited to launch the QMSC keelboat programme. Using RS21s we can now offer keelboat membership, keelboat training courses and keelboat racing as well as social sailing in keelboats. (What is an RS21 keelboat?)
Keelboats provide a stable platform for sailing without the physical stress of hiking out or crouching down, reducing stress on back, hips and knees. There is more space in the boat to move around and a different social dynamic. With 3 or 4 people on the boat, the crewing experience can be far more rewarding. And of course, there is no need to wear a wetsuit as you do not get so wet!
Keelboat membership options:
- Keelboats Select Membership is £60 per month, or a bolt on of £48 per month for existing Members. Giving you access to the boats Monday to Friday, this membership also includes attending keelboat clubs and a 40% discount on keelboat activities and courses.
- The John Merricks Keelboat Academy for Young Adults aged 16 to 25 years old, £30 per month. Access to boats Monday to Friday including keelboat clubs and 50% discount on courses.
Want to try it out first:
- Option for Beginner Sailors - RYA Keelboat Level 1 followed by RYA Keelboat Level 2. Courses run over a full weekend learning the basics of sailing and keel boating.
- Options for Experienced Sailor - If you’re an experienced dinghy sailor our ‘Keelboat conversion and skipper training’ course is the perfect first step. This is an orientation day to show you how the RS21s are rigged and sailed and to sign you off as an RS21 Skipper.
Booking options at the bottom of this page, please follow the text links to book Keelboat Level 1 or 2:
- Introduction to Keelboat Racing
- RS21 Race Training Half Day
- QM Keelboat conversion and skipper training
- RYA Keelboat Level 1 (Two day course)
- RYA Keel Boat level 2 (Two day course)
Non-members are very welcome to join in the fun - Members of QMSC will receive a 20% discount on courses above
If you are interested in finding out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RS21 Race Training (half day)
The Race Training half day is designed for those who have already attended our 'Introduction to Keelboat Racing' days or have previous keelboat racing experience.
Please come with either a formed team of 3-4 people or with one or two specific roles in mind from the following: main/kite trim, helm and jib trim/pitx2. The aim will be to get you working in a team smoothly with coaching on the specific roles. Led by race coaches, the day will consist of mainly training ending in a race series, followed by a prize giving ashore. Come and get competitive!