Early Booking Save 10% - (Booking three months in advance of courses date)
Become a Select Member and get sailing and windsurfing courses for free!
Covid Specific Information
Due to the Government restrictions easing on the 19th July 2021 we are able to return to normal operations.
Here are the details of our operational changes:
- We will be running sessions where students will be in closer contact with each-other.
- Select members are now expected to fully derig and return any kit they use, including putting on dinghy covers.
- We will be operating in double handers again. So you must be aware that the participant will be in a boat in close contact with somebody else.
- Powerboat training will resume usual operation.
- All courses may involve closer contact between students during activities.
What is staying the same:
- We will still be asking that you wear a face covering or mask when in the clubhouse.
- We will still be operating to Government guidance on social distancing.
- You will need to buzz at the gate to gain access, and please park in the lower car park.
- You will be given a meeting point for the duration of your course, outside of the clubhouse.
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are experiencing Covid symptoms or are feeling unwell.
- Please ensure you have booked your session and check our website for the latest covid guidance
Read our full Covid Guidelines
Please watch the safety briefing video
If you have any issues, please get in contact by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank for reading, thank you for supporting, stay safe and we look forward to seeing you back on the water at Queen Mary.
The QM team
Group Sail Coaching
If you're looking for instructor support to take your Level 2 skills up a notch or brush off the cobwebs, then this is for you. Expect a mix of abilities and focuses during the session. This booking does include the hire of club boats. Boats available include RS Quba and Pico. If you wish to use a laser please book onto intermediate group coaching or laser training (in winter).
Intermediate Sailing Group Coaching
A coaching session for the intermediate sailor who wants to hone specific skills. Aimed at those who have sailed quite a lot after Level 2, hopefully regularly and may have joined in some club racing or social sailing activity. Come to the session with an idea of elements of sailing you would like to cover and the instructor will look to bring your ideas together for a common theme for everyone to work on. Lasers are available to be used for this session.
Group Windsurf Coaching
If you're looking for instructor support to take your Start Windsurfing Skills up a notch, or brush off the cobwebs, then this is for you.
This is not a session designed for upper intermediate or advanced windsurfers
RYA Intermediate Windsurfing
1 day weekend course from 1000 to 1700
Learn the RYA Fastfwd Formula and work towards planing.
Non-planing candidates focus on stance, control, tacking, harnessing and kit set up. Planing candidates also focus on footstraps and blasting control
RYA Level 1: Start Sailing
2 day course at weekends from 0930 to 1700
The ideal introduction to the exciting sport of dinghy sailing
Learn a range of practical skills and knowledge
RYA Level 2: Basic Skills
* 2 day weekend course from 0930 to 1700
* Develop skills and confidence to sail independently (minimum recognised qualification for hiring dinghies)
* Focus on the Five Essentials to improve sailing techniques
RYA Start Racing
2 full days from 0930 to 1700
An enjoyable introduction to club racing
Boats used are typically Lasers
Focus on boat handling, starts, mark rounding, racing rules, tactics and tuning.
RYA Start Windsurfing
2 day course from 0930 to 1430
Develop the skills and confidence to windsurf independently (minimum recognised qualification for hiring windsurf kit)
Learn a range of practical skills on the way to becoming a confident windsurfer