INSTRUCTOR TRAINING 2020
Dinghy Instructor Courses
2 - Part Instructor course
Part 1 - 3 days in single handers with a moderation on day 3. If successful, you will be issued with a certificate to teach only in single handers until Part 2 is completed.
Part 2 - 2 days in double handers (to be completed in line with Government easing of social distancing restrictions) currently not possible. This part can only be completed on successful completion of Part 1.
Pre-entry assessment, Powerboat Level 2, Safe&Fun Safeguarding and First Aid* must be completed before the course.
*an action plan can be set to complete the First Aid course after the instructor course.
Please read our guidelines carefully before you book or set off to visit QMSC and please keep checking them before making future visits, since they will be periodically updated with the latest information.
The COVID-19 preventative measures are vital to protecting health and wellbeing and to minimising pressure on the frontline services. We all have a role to play in adhering to the Government guidelines and therefore we ask you to observe the following:
Booking links below, please call the office for more information 01784 248881
THINGS TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- No showers or changing facilities are available at QM at the moment, due to Government restrictions. So we suggest to bring a towel or a personal favourite a dry robe. Like a dressing gown made of towel material to wear while getting dressed.
- You will need to buzz at the gate to gain access. Park at the lower car park and follow signage on site.
- You will be directed to your meeting point on the day.
PLEASE WATCH THE SAFETY BRIEFING VIDEO
Check our website for the latest information
- Are you fit to visit? Please do not attend QMSC if you, or anyone in your household, are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Book your visit: Please book your session on the club website, completing one form for each visit you intend to make. The time you book is your time to go out on the water, so please arrive up to 30 minutes before the start of your time slot to allow for rigging/launching.
- Before traveling: Please check the club website for the latest information; if changes in Government guidelines require the Club to be closed again, this will be communicated first at www.queenmary.org.uk