Queen Mary Youth Open Meeting
Saturday 19th October, 2019
This is the fifth and event in the London Youth Sailing League, as well as being Queen Mary Sailing Club’s Youth Open meeting. It is open to the following classes:
- Topper 4.2 and 5.3
- RS Tera Sport and Pro
- Laser Radial
- RS Feva XL
Registration will begin at 09:00 (Upper deck of the Clubhouse) All entries will be taken on the day.
The Race Briefing will take place at 09:45, again on the Upper deck of the Clubhouse. This is when we will explain everything about how the racing will run; starts; courses and finishes. The NOR and SIs are available from this page of our website: Open Meetings
We plan to run 4 races, with the warning signal sequence starting at 10:40. The aim is for 2 races, then an on-shore break for approximately one hour to allow competitors to have a quick lunch and a comfort break, followed by a further 2 races (weather conditions permitting).
Prizes will be awarded to the two highest placed boats in each fleet, or the integer of the square root of the number of entries in each class, whichever is the larger. We will aim to get the Prize Giving celebrations underway as soon as practicable after the end of the last race.
Everything will be explained in the briefing, but you may find this information helpful!
Making the most of your day at Queen Mary Sailing Club:
- To enter and exit the main gates, press the intercom button on the lower keypad, await instructions and enter / exit on the green traffic light - on NO account 'tailgate'. The gate access code for the event will be issued upon registration.
- Do drop your boat off in the boat park which will be accessible from 08:30; then move car down to the Lower Car Park – please be aware that we have a single track roadway, so please be considerate to others, particularly if they are towing a boat and you are not!
- Come up the steps at the far end of the car park and you will find the Clubhouse at the top
- Do leave your dog at home – Thames Water bye-laws stipulate that no dogs are allowed on-site
- Do make a note of our entry/exit code for the event so you can leave the site without needing to buzz us on the intercom. There will be signs around the Clubhouse!
- When you register, do make sure that the sail number visible on your sail is the one you use on registration - to help our Race Management Team ensure all results are correctly allocated to competitors! Don't forget to let us know if you are sailing a Topper or RS Tera, which one ...
- Do feel free to enjoy the view from the Clubhouse and all the facilities – our caterers will be open throughout the day (cash is best!)
- Please be aware that it is not possible to walk around the reservoir, so leave the gates shut and stay within the sailing club's grounds
- QM Team Staff will be happy to help – just look out for those with uniform and radios
- Anyone helping with launching and recovery (on pontoons or sloping banks) MUST wear a buoyancy aid – no one else is permitted on pontoons or the banks
- Do look after your own/your competitors’ valuables
- To make leaving the club later in the day easier, we recommend you moving trailers down once the first race is underway, then at the end of racing, walk your boat down and sort everything out in the Lower Car Park – this avoids congestion and speeds up the process of leaving after prize-giving
Need to hire a boat for the event? Please call the Office on 01784 248881.
Boat Drop Off & Pick Up
Should you need to drop your equipment off before Saturday 19th, access to the club is during opening hours only (see below for the specific opening hours around the event). Please call the office prior to arriving to get confirmation of where your kit can be left. There will be limited boat storage options on the upper level in the boat park, with most boats being stored on the lower level before and/or after the event.
Outside club opening times, access is not available to the club and grounds secured.
Drop Off / Collection Times
Monday to Sunday between the hours of 09:00-16:00